So you are thinking of devising and implementing a sound search engine optimization (SEO) strategy for your website. Here are some very nine helpful tips to get you started. Many of these tips are so easy, that even a non-techie person like your mother would love.
- The rule “content is king” applies in online. Make sure that your content is good, unique, and well written. Make sure that you use primary keywords in your content so that your website will appear higher in search engine results in Google and other top search engines. Do not just post content that will advertise the products and services that you sell. Provide readers with something that is really helpful for them.
- If content is king, then no doubt that links are queen. As much as possible, provide quality links to your content. The more links you have on your website posts, the better chance your website will appear high in search engine results. Do not be stingy with links.
- Update your website content as much as possible. Remember, your rankings on the search engine will be higher when you have fresh and updated content. As much as possible, provide new and updated content because that it will increase your website’s relevance to the search engines.
- Make sure that the website is user-friendly. If your website is easy to use, this may influence the popularity and link building ability of your website. In short, your ranking in search engines.
- There’s nothing wrong with asking influential websites and bloggers who might be interested in using or linking your content to them. It is also a good idea to ask if you can be a guest blogger to their sites. This will translate to additional reach and traffic to your website, not to mention added reputation online.
- You should also tap social marketing. It is very much part of SEO. Why not use sites such as Facebook, Digg, Twitter, and the like? This will help improve your website in terms of web search rankings.
- Do not hesitate in using images and videos. After all, a lot of people want to see photos and watch videos rather than read text. They are also easy to share in social media. Why not add other components, such as podcast or contests in social media? Not only will it make your Internet strategy more exciting, it will also entice and engage your readers and possible customers to know more about your products and services.
- Since we are talking about social media and sharing, why not put viral components to the website or blog? Why not allow visitors to post comments or reviews, or share the content in their networks?
- If you are not doing any email marketing, then now is the time to do it. It is the among the primary used form of online marketing, it is also one of the top ways that people can get to know more about your products and services, or get updates from your website.