With the kids being back in school, it’s a good time to review your rules and strategies for keeping their smartphone use positive and productive. Unfortunately, that is not the aim for evil trolls who find their way into the lives and minds of many a young person. So, let’s deal with that first.
These first three links are articles about phone apps that are dangerous, if not highly suspect, and could very well be on your kid’s phone right now. Please read.
- Link 1 | Don't Let Your Kids Near Momo Suicide Challenge on WhatsApp
- Link 2 | 10 Apps to Delete from Your Teenager's Phone (and 4 to Watch Closely)
- Link 3 | Safety Beyond Facebook: 12 Social Media Apps Every Parent Should Know About
These next three articles talk about apps that help students keep track of homework and project assignments. Avoid those last minute all-nighters this year.
- Link 4 | 10 best study apps and homework apps for Android!
- Link 5 | Best iPad and iPhone Apps for Managing/Tracking Homework and Assignments
- Link 6 | The 6 Best Homework Apps to Help Students (And Parents)
These last two articles discuss tracking apps. One to track physical location, and one to keep an eye on online activity and behaviour. Sometimes, keeping kids safe means spying on them.
- Link 7 | Great Tracking Apps for Kids and Family
- Link 8 | Best Apps & Devices To Monitor Your Kids Online Activity
Remember to do a review of the basics as well, like location sharing, data usage, and in-app purchases.
Like most other tools, smartphones are great when used with care.